Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 66: Can't Kick the Paint Can

I spent most of today doing a different type of painting by assisting my landlord's family with the quick clean up and painting of a rental house that belongs to a colleague of theirs who is in New York. My labor will lower my rent costs this month, for which I am glad. I have plenty of professional experience as a house painter, which I did during many of the summers of my college and graduate work. One of my all-time favorite summers was spent in Hanover, New Hampshire. My 7AM-2PM hours were filled by my work with a crew that painted little white churches just over the border in Vermont. The youngest guys would hang out of the steeple from ropes. I learned to maneuver, adjust and be comfortable on a 50 foot ladder, though I was often put on window sash duty, since I was fast, neat and didn't need to use tape. Zip zip zip! Done!

Length of feather: 6"

No comments:

Post a Comment