Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 55: It's a Sign


While going through several difficult transitions this past year in Starkville, I was living in an old mildewy mobile home on a farm South of town, partly to save money and mostly to not be found. Not even the post office, credit reporting agencies or IRS knew that address. Only 4-County Electric, my landlord, and three close friends knew where it was (I maintained a P.O. Box and had a well for water). I was off the grid and appreciated the privacy, which I needed. However, now that I'm here in Jackson I'm ready to be found. Look for the big, blue feather on State Street.

The blue feather actually has several significances. See if you can guess what they are. 

Length of feather: well, about 24", not that this is a typical example.


P.S. Tonight's raccoon trap bait: a sunburst of anchovies, Vienna sausages, and marshmallows (since I mentioned in yesterday's blog that there would be an update today). The trap has been moved to the back porch where the raccoon was seen climbing up one of the support pillars last night. Gotta catch her soon! The neighbors are sure she looks pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment