Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 51: Beef! It's What's for Dinner!


Last night's danish and shrimp were eaten, but the watermelon was unappreciated. The door on the trap did not get tripped (partially due to a piece of the watermelon that ended up wedged under the weighted food tray). I don't think it was anything other than the raccoon that ate the food. The trap is on the roof, so it wasn't a possum or armadillo. A cat would not have eaten the danish, and a squirrel would not have eaten the shrimp. I didn't hear any birds and I have no evidence of mice or rats on the premises.

On tonight's raccoon trap menu: left-over beef stew with a garnish of green onions and fresh parsley. After I set it out, I thought about the fact that raccoons don't actually eat cattle naturally. But they would if they could, right? "Hello, cow, you look delicious."

No comments:

Post a Comment