Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 60: By the Power of Greyskull

Mr. Dilbone's Anatomy and Physiology was one of my favorite classes in high school. I took it my senior year, and by that point I had been taking classes such as microbiology and chemistry at the local community college for several years. I was handed a college textbook and allowed to not only create my own curriculum, but acted as a TA, assisting my fellow high school students as they worked through their own textbook. When the class was learning the circulatory system, I went to a local butcher and brought in a whole beef heart. Mr. Dilbone's wife was a cook in the school cafeteria and she made a beef stew after we had dissected it (taking care to keep it clean and cool). It was slightly tough but tasty, though there was far too much of it left since so many people in the class weren't willing to eat it. I remember taking home a large container of it, which I stuck in the basement freezer.  I enjoyed memorizing the names of the angles, arches, planes, and cavities of the bones of the human skeleton, which I did by sketching them over and over. The scapula was my favorite bone.

Length of feather: 3 1/2"

No comments:

Post a Comment