Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 50: Dine at Casa de Mapache. Delicioso!

The sardines on whole wheat pita that were mentioned two days ago, where not a hit, and last night the trap was taken up because of the rain. Today the landlord entrusted me with the cage. The raccoon has been sighted several times on the roof, so I crawled out of my bedroom window directly onto the rather flat part that is over the back porch (which is where he has been seen). I used garden twine to tie the trap to old shutter hardware on the house so that it can't roll off the roof in the event of a struggle.

In my attempt at a tasty raccoon meal, I have created the following plate:
  • 1 slice of cream cheese, raspberry danish (fresh this morning)
  • 1 shrimp in oyster sauce (left over from our very tasty meal at Mr. Chen's last night)
  • 3 slices of watermelon (a good melon; seeded.)
  • Served in a tin pie plate, with water in the bottom, since raccoons have the habit of washing their food when they eat.
I keep referring to the raccoon as a he, even though I realize its probably a female looking for a nesting place. I shall name him Jules.

Length of feather: 2 1/5"

No comments:

Post a Comment