Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 13: Feather Doodle Dandy


I used to doodle a lot more than I do now, but, thinking about it, I bet I’m in common company. In school I doodled in the margins of my notes. Writing helps me remember things; my active pencil helped listen and retain. At home we had a notepad next to our avocado green rotary phone for taking messages. Fantastic, doodling filled pages during long phone conversations. During my doctoral studies I switched to a laptop for note taking because I type much more quickly than I write. My notes became more extensive, organized and neat. But the doodling is lost when one shifts to electronic devices. I refuse to give up my paper calendar, which does still sport the occasional doodle, especially on holidays. When on the phone discussing travel plans doodles appear--shapes and lines radiating from the words and numbers on the pages.


Length of Feather: 4 1/2”               

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I feel like there's a treble clef in there somewhere... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, Melody. I started the first curve with that in mind. I'm thinking there might be a bit of a backwards bass clef in the lower part as well. :)

    ReplyDelete