Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Raccoon Band! Double Bass, Double The Pleasure!


I've played many different instruments, but I never had much success with double bass, mostly due to my lack of hand strength. I have slender fingers. I have a decent reach on the piano; I can hit the interval of a 10th if I stretch. I have good dexterity; I can play bassoon quickly and I type 65 words per minute on a bad day. However, I can't open jars or even the lids of plastic soda bottles without the help of pliers. I drop things regularly. I struggled with grips when I was training in judo, preferring open handed throws and holds that didn't require a grip. My fingers would just give out. That lack of hand strength made holding down the strings of double bass a challenge as well. Tiny, graceful pinky fingers, you failed me.

Length of feather: 1"

No comments:

Post a Comment