Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 85: Bubblegum Butterfly

Nafzinger's ice cream factory was a regular destination for families with kids, for teenagers, and for everyone else in town on Saturday nights in the summer. The factory was located several miles outside of town in a corn field and it had a pink ice cream parlor decorated with giant plastic candies on the front corner of the building. It smelled sweet and unlike anywhere else I've ever been. If I ever smell that sticky, fruity, smooth scent again, I will be immediately transported back there. They scooped out giant scoops of ice cream, piling as much in the cone as was possible. There was a patio outside that had a large ornate water fountain and a live monkey in a cage. I loved going out there to see the monkey and get ice cream. It was so exotic and wonderful. A lot of the kids preferred the rainbow-colored bubble gum ice cream since they could eat their dairy treat and then end up with a mouth full of bubble gum to continue chewing afterwards. I didn't like gum, so I never chose that flavor. Their chocolate peanut butter cup was out of this world. I was especially happy when I got a giant chunk of that frozen peanut butter. SO good. 

Length of feather: 2"

No comments:

Post a Comment