Thursday, April 19, 2012

CDAF on Saturday, then starts 100 feathers in 100 days

Hello, everyone. I'm looking forward to showing my work at the Cotton District Arts Festival  on Saturday in Starkville, Mississippi. I've got my canopy, receipt books, credit card reader, lists of supplies I need to drag with me that day, and lots of framed feathers ready to sell. Here's hoping the rain will hold off. The weather prediction currently doesn't look so promising. I'll be heading to the hardware store to buy a big roll of heavy duty plastic to fortify the weatherproofing my canopy if it looks like rain. Wondering how waterproof the roof material is....wonder if I can go find waterproofing spray like I used to use on my boots back in the 90s....

Once the festival is over I'm going to start blogging regularly, starting with 100 Feathers in 100 Days. I will be painting and posting one new feather each day for 100 days starting on April 22nd. I'll do simple ones on days when I'm on the run (i.e. during my move to Jackson, MS that will take place in June), and more complicated ones on days when I have several hours to focus on painting. But no matter what my schedule, I'm committed to posting one new feather each day. Hold me to my promise.  Offer suggestions for things you'd like to see. Stay tuned and see how the summer progresses.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! How about a feather with an Islamic theme...like a minaret or something...

    ReplyDelete